Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Love like Jesus

I recently posted this on Facebook, but thought I should post it on here as well.  I know I need it as a constant reminder.  As I've learned over the past two and a half years, raising babies is hard work!  It takes lots of patience, smiles, hugs, and encouragement.  You often have to provide all of these with little sleep, little "me" time, and a lot of times in the midst of chaos.  Sometimes I feel like I say the word "NO" a million times in one day.  This makes me sad and I try my best to find other ways to correct that are more encouraging.  The days can be long, but I know the years are short.  Time is flying by and I only hope and pray that I am able to teach my sweet babies what is really important in life- to love Jesus and to love others like Jesus does.  I know the rest will fall into place if we do this.  Of course, as I teach them, I must pray that God will continue to teach this to me daily as well.


As I go though each day, my beautiful, precious, smart, and loving two year old is always right by my side. I love having her follow me around, nudge me for my attention, and watch everything I do as she is learning about life. Her little personality brings entertainment to every situation. She brings more joy than I could have ever imagined to my life. Sometimes though, I can't help but think, "I love her so much, but she is driving me nuts!!!" Tonight as she was stomping on the pictures I was attempting to place in frames and pulling the wrapping paper across the kitchen floor, I started to lose my patience. I regret to say that I allow this to happen far too often. As I started to fuss at her, I heard God whisper to me one of my favorite Bible passages. This was read aloud at my wedding and I try to make sure I always remember it in my marriage. Now, I ask God to help me always keep these words very close to my heart as I try my best to show these precious little ones what love really is each day.

1 Corinthians 13

1 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

1 comment: