Friday, October 28, 2011

Back to Business

Well, it has been a long time since I first started this blog. Since then A LOT has changed in my life. Most notable, is our new addition to our family, Caleb John, who was born in July of this year! He is now three months old and I fall more in love with him each day. Lily is loving being a big sister and loves to hug and kiss over Caleb all day long. Life is definitely different going from having one baby to having a wild toddler and a new baby! Even though it is challenging sometimes, Chris and I both are learning and growing as parents all the time and trying to remember to relax and just have fun.

As I said in my original and only other post on this blog (I know, I didn't get too far in the blogging world), the purpose of this blog is to help me hold myself accountable to those things that I believe in and am passionate about. I tend to get really get passionate about something, but then find myself taken aback by everyday life and am unable to continue to grow in whatever it is. I feel so strongly about things like eating the right foods, exercising, taking steps to know my God more, etc, etc., but I never seem to get to where I want to be. So again, I invite whoever is interested, to follow me along on my life's journey. Hopefully, accountability will help me along the way. I know I can't be perfect in every area, but hopefully I will be more likely to keep striving for what I want- health!!! - in all areas.

I know that if I am every going to be truly healthy and happy I must put my God as my first priority. So, I guess before I start working on the other many areas in my life, I need to take steps to deepen my relationship with God. I will be the first to admit that while I feel fairly good about my prayer time, I really struggle with making daily devotions and Bible reading a priority. I have a tendency to end up feeling like it is homework and I have a teacher standing over me forcing me to do it. This is not what I feel growing closer to God should feel like. So I think I need to explore ways to still learn about God through Bible reading, but not feel forced to do it. I want to not be able to wait to do it! I pray that I will truly thirst for it!! So I guess this my first "blossom endeavor." If you have any tips on ways I can get past this struggle, please let me know- or even better just pray for me! I am going to try to post on here several times a week and keep you updated on how I am doing as I strive to be as healthy as possible :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment